Did you know TOGETHER WE CAN SOLVE HUNGER in our community?
What do I mean by that? The Northern Illinois Food Bank has a strategic plan that can ensure families in our community that are experiencing tough times, be it loss of a job or an illiness, not carry the burden to put healthy meals on the table.
NIFB is on track to reach #75MillionMealGoal that will #PutFoodInBellies for FAMILIES IN OUR COMMUNITY
Last year NIFB was able to provide $1.8 million worth of food for families in need. This year the goal is $2 million! The funds we raise will stay RIGHT HERE, in our backyard, to families and students in our community. What I learned is that the Mobile Food Truck serves many families that are in the "gray" area - that do not qualify for government funding yet still have to make hard choices like pay an electric bill or buy food.
Team DISTRICT 200 SHARES raises money for our LOCAL MOBILE FOOD TRUCK
The Mobile Food Truck is filled with healthy food that would otherwise be wasted and drives into apartment complexes or school parking lots in our community making food accessible. The Mobile Food Truck that services District 200 is ONLY funded until June of this year. It is crucially important we get ahead of this and the funds raised through District 200 Shares goes directly to the Mobile Food Truck that serves this community.
Did you know 1 in 7 of our neighbors are hungry AND the NIFB can turn $1 donated into $8 of food?
AND did you know:
- $20 provides a monthly food box to a senior who is unable to visit a food pantry.
- $30 provides $240 of food to a family in need.
- $60 a month provides a food-filled backpack to feed three children every weekend of the school year
Let's #GetOurGoodOn TOGETHER to build hope for a family in our community!
- Particiate - Join our team District 200 Shares OR register on your own.
- Donate - Every donation big or small makes a HUGE difference!!!
- Volunteer - Always can use a helping hand at the event.