Event Details – Cantigny Park in Wheaton
Saturday, April 1st – 9:00 am Race Start Time
(See below for all event details)
The Foodie 5K is a certified chip-timed run/walk.
Walkers, baby strollers, and wheelchairs are welcome and will start after all runners.
The race begins at exactly 9:00 am so please review off-site parking information below!
Participants who register before the cut-off date of March 17, 2017 will receive a 2017 Foodie 5K moisture-wicking t-shirt. All participants receive a $2 Food Truck voucher in their Runners Bag to be used during the post-run festival!
Race Location: We are excited to host this 4th Annual event at the beautiful Cantigny Park in Wheaton!
1S151 S. Winfield Road, Wheaton Click for directions
Race Day basic schedule: see all details below
- 7:00 am: Off-Site Parking opens @ DuPage County Government Buildings
- 7:00-8:40 am: Day of Packet Pick-Up opens @ DuPage County Government Buildings
- 9:00 am: RACE BEGINS!!
- 9:00 am – 12 noon: Foodie 5K Fest Area is open with Food Trucks, Face Painting, music and fun!
Awards presented on the stage after the race is complete.
Pre-Race Packet Pick-Up - Wednesday, March 29 from 4-7 pm:
- Dick Pond Store: 303 N. 2nd Street in St. Charles
- All registered participants may pick up during this time.
- No registrations will be accepted at this store.
On-line Registration – Ends Friday, March 31 @ 1 pm
- Day of registrations are welcome after this time, please see information below.
Day of Registration and Packet Pick-Up:
- Time: 7:00 am – 8:40 am
- Is in the lower level of the Parking Garage (see Off-Site Parking information below)
- There will be separate areas for Day of Registration and Packet Pick-Up for those that are pre-registered.
- T-shirts are not included with day of race registration.
- Please store your Runner’s Bag and other large items in your car.
- We do have Gear Check at Cantigny (see details below) but ONLY for wallets and phones. Because you will need cash or credit card to purchase some delicious treats from the Food Trucks in the Post-Run Fest Area!!
- Sponsors, volunteers and participants who received an On-Site Parking Pass prior to the event will park and pick up their Runners Bag in the Cantigny Park Visitors Center. (see below)
REQUIRED OFF-SITE Parking Information with Free & Fun Shuttle Service to Cantigny!: Opens @ 7 am
Due to the number of people in the community that want to join us in our mission of feeding our hungry neighbors, this event continues to grow!! So, off-site parking arrangements are required for this event. Cantigny is only minutes from this parking location and we have some great volunteers that will make it a fun and quick ride to Cantigny! Please see below for those that can park at On-Site parking.
Parking Location: DuPage County Courthouse
and Administration Building, Parking Garage
505 North County Farm Road, Wheaton (the North makes a difference!!) Click for directions
- Specific parking garage location: (click to enlarge) Parking and Packet Pick-Up
- Parking for Sponsors, volunteers, VIP participants and those with a disability: Sponsors, volunteers, individuals with a disability and participants who received an On-Site Parking Pass prior to the event will park and pick up their Runners Bag in the Cantigny Park Visitors Center. (see below)
- The race will start at exactly 9 am!: So please plan your morning so you can catch the shuttle to Cantigny Park in a timely and relaxing manner.
On-Site Parking at Cantigny:
- On –Site parking is limited to sponsors, volunteers, participants who fundraised $1,000+ by March 28th, individuals with a disability and Cantigny Park annual members with parking passes.
- Click for directions to Cantigny Park
- As you enter Cantigny Park you will be directed by park staff and our great volunteers to the correct parking location!
Stroller Drop-Off NEW THIS YEAR!: We welcome strollers in the Foodie 5K Run/Walk!
- Before Parking at the Off-Site Parking garage: Come to the main entrance of Cantigny Park and you will be directed to the Stroller Drop-Off location. Nice and easy! You can have someone from your party stay with the stroller while your car gets parked at the DuPage County building or we will also have great volunteers to monitor your stroller until you come back on the Fun Bus Shuttle!! Click for directions to Cantigny Park
Gear Check at Cantigny Park:
- Gear Check will be located in the Festival Area close to the start and finish lines.
- Gear Check is for wallets and cell phones only!
- Definitely bring your wallet so you can purchase some delicious treats from the gourmet Food Trucks in the Fest Area!!
Course Information: The 5K course is USATF (#IL-04078-JW) certified entirely on Cantigny grounds and a blacktop surface. The race starts at the Visitor's Center and proceeds out onto the rolling hills of the Cantigny Golf Course and back to the Visitor's Center. Participants will run past the First Division Museum, The Robert R. McCormick Museum and finish by running through the Cantigny Garden to the Visitor's Center. The portion on the golf course will be run on the cart paths. Digital clocks or timers will be located at the mile markers. Water stations will be set up at the half way mark and at the finish line.
Course Map (click to enlarge)
Post-Race Festival: 9 am – 12 noon
- The Foodie 5K Fest will take place right by the start and finish lines.
- Food Trucks!!! There will be gourmet Food Trucks for you to explore and enjoy! All runners/walkers will receive a $2 coupon in their Runners Bag. You can bring this coupon to any of the Food Trucks for a complimentary tasting sample. Then you can purchase any items that you like – lots of delicious choices!!
- Enjoy a DJ that will keep things fun and moving; A Kids Zone with face painting and characters;
- Awards will be presented on the stage after the race is complete. (see awards information below)
- Will take place on or around the stage area after the race is complete.
- Awards will be presented to the top male and female overall finishers in each age group.
- Age Groups:
6-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
- Fundraise for Northern Illinois Food Bank so you can help our hungry neighbors while earning awesome race incentives for yourself – starting @ just $50! And don’t forget – raise $250 and receive this first annual Food Truck Medal!!!
- Click to see the fundraising levels and fun incentives
- Bicycles, inline skates, roller skates, scooters, and pets.
- We appreciate your cooperation!
AFTER THE EVENT-EXPLORE CANTIGNY PARK: Participants, volunteers and their families are invited to explore and enjoy Cantigny Park. There will be a one day parking pass in the Runners Bags so you can come back and park in the main lot.